Where is the St. Albans Film Festival?
Note: A map of the festival locations can be found in the centre of the festival programme. A copy of the festival programme is available on this blog: https://stalbansfilmfestival.wordpress.com/festival-programme-2013/)
St. Albans has no cinema, so many assume that much of the festival proceedings will be taking place in the St. Albans arena. This is NOT the case. There are actually 22 venues around St. Albans city taking part in the festival, and all are within walking distance of the High Street.
Tickets for each event must be bought online or at the Box Office at 33 Market Place, they are not on sale at the individual venues. All of the venues have disabled access apart from The Clocktower.The Horn, The Hare & Hounds and Havana offer assisted disabled access, if required please notify the Box Office.
A full list of venues is as follows:
1. Lussmanns, Waxhouse Gate AL3 4ew – http://www.lussmanns.com
2. The Peahen, 6 London Road AL1 1NQ – http://www.peahen.co.uk
3. Cafe Rouge, 29 Holywell Hill AL1 3LB – http://www.caferouge.co.uk
4. The Maltings Arts Theatre, Level 2 The Maltings, AL1 3HL – http://www.maltingsartstheatre.co.uk
5. Museum of St Albans, Hatfield Road AL1 3RR – http://www.stalbansmuseums.org.uk
6. Waterstones, 8 St Peters Street AL1 3LF – http://www.waterstones.com
7. Verulamium Museum, St Michaels Street AL3 4SW – http://www.stalbansmuseums.org.uk
8. Hare and Hounds Pub, 104 Sopwell Lane AL1 1RL
9. Lower Red Lion Pub, 36 Fishpool Street AL3 4RX – http://www.thelowerreadlion.co.uk
10. The Bakehouse, Waxhouse Gate AL3 4EB – http://www.localbakehouse.co.uk
11. Costa Coffee, 5-6 The Maltings AL1 3HS
12. Dagnall St Baptist Church, Upper Dagnall Street AL3 5EE – http://www.dsbc.org.uk
13. St Albans School, Abbey Mill Lane AL3 4HB – http://www.st-albans.herts.sch.uk
14. The Horn, Victoria Street AL1 3TE – http://www.thehorn.co.uk
15. St Peters School, Cottonmill Lane AL1 1HL – http://www.stpeters.herts.sch.uk
16. Kashu, 9 Hatfield Road AL1 3RR – http://www.kashu.co.uk
17. The Pioneer Club, Heathlands Drive AL3 5AY – http://www.pioneerclub.co.uk
18. The Clocktower, High Street AL3 4EL
19. The Boot, 9 St Peters Street AL1 3DH
20. The Abbey Theatre, Holywell Hill AL1 2DL – http://www.abbeytheatre.org.uk
21. The Secret Garden Cafe, 9A George Street AL3 4ER
22. Havana, 50 Victoria Street AL1 3HZ – http://www.havanastalbans.co.uk
The feature film TOWER BLOCK that has just been added to the programme. Showing at 3pm at The Pioneer Club on Saturday. The writer James Moran will be attending. So this is a chance for any budding screen writer to see a brilliant film and answer any questions at the end.